I’m going to feature an array of salads on the blog, not only for its nutritious significance, but also to show that a salad need not be boring. As a child, we rarely ever served a lunch or dinner without a salad, and it is a tradition I have gotten so used to, and that I’m grateful to my parents for. And the beauty of a perfect salad recipe is that you can add as much of the ingredients you love as you want, hence, the possibilities to healthy eating are endless.
- - ripe tomatoes (cut into chunks)
- - cucumber (peeled and cut into chunks)
- - Granny Smith green apple
- - kesong puti (soft white carabao cheese)
- - Extra virgin olive oil
- - Red wine vinegar or apple cider vinegar
- - 5 leaves fresh (finely chopped)
- - salt and pepper to taste
For this recipe, you can also add other ingredients, like pine nuts, green or red bell pepper or avocado – again, the whole point of a good salad is that its not only healthy, but also tasty, so always feel free to modify the ingredients a little to suit your taste.
1. Combine tomatoes, onions, cucumber in a large bowl.
2. Place extra virgin olive oil, vinegar, salt and pepper in a separate bowl and whisk until combined.
3. Drizzle dressing on the salad and mix lightly to distribute evenly.
4. Crumble white cheese and top salad.