You've all seen those spongey- donut shaped things at stores, and probably wondered first of all what it even is, and second, what people do with it. Well, I was one of those people until I realized that all those girls I used to envy for seemingly having so much hair that it was just so big and perfect when set in a bun all had the same little secret- the HAIR DONUT. Yes, that's what it's really called! I vaguely remember using one when I was learning basic hair in Make-Up school but I had completely forgotten about their existence, until more and more, I would see them at shops (usually near the check out or in the accessories section) I decided to buy one and see if I could achieve the perfect ballerina bun with my new toy. Here's what I did:
- Tie your hair up into a high ponytail. The higher the better. I usually put mine right on top of my head.
- Put your ponytail through the hair donut, and spread your hair into sections, almost like a starfish.
- Wrap your hair around the hair donut by section, and secure with hair pins.
- Use a bit of hair spray to make sure your hair stays in place.
- Voila, you are done! Accessorize by tying ribbons or putting flowers in your hair. Go ahead and play!