These days, it's too easy to walk into a "health store" to pick up snacks that are supposed to be low in sugar and fat. But instead of buying a bag of dried apple rings, I always opt to try to make everything myself. Clean eating isn't just about buying better food, but also avoiding chemicals and additives.
The best apples to use for baking, are green apples. Fuji apples are good too, but everything else is too dry, making the final result less tasty.
- pre-heat oven
- slice fresh apples into thin rings. The crispier you want the rings to be, the thinner the slices.
- place apple rings on a tray lined with aluminum foil
- bake in oven with top and bottom heat
- watch the apple rings to make sure they are baked to your taste
- top with ground cinnamon and serve
You can add other things on top obviously, like honey, brown sugar.. whatever your little heart desires.
Or...... you can go completely rogue and slap them on top of some vanilla ice cream, smear some peanut butter on top and sprinkle with shaved dark chocolate (JUST SAYING) your options are unlimited.