I'm usually always in a rush, so its practically impossible for me to avoid eating rice-meals. They provide me with the carbs I need, and don't take too much time to prep. But I always try to cook something with a side of vegetables. As a kid, I was raised to be quite conscious of what kinds of food I would put into my body. Broccoli has an exceptionally large amount of vitamins, mainly Vitamin K & A, which are key ingredients in a detox-conscious diet. (There is so much more to broccoli, which I will someday break down in a full post.) The bottom line is, your parents weren't lying to you, so "Eat your broccoli!"
For this recipe, you can use any kind of marinated beef tapa. There is an array to be found in local supermarkets, my favorite of the moment is "Old Fashion Tapa". Delivery details will be included at the end of the post.
pre-marinated beef tapa
white carabao cheese (kesong puti)
salt & pepper to taste
1, Cook brown rice in a rice cooker.
2. Pre-heat oven on high. Trim broccoli florets off the main trunk. You generally don't wanna leave too much of the stems on, because they wont be as tender as the florets. (green bits)
3. Wash broccoli.
4. Bring a pot of water to a boil to get ready to blanch the broccoli. Add salt to the water. You can also steam them, if you have a steamer basket.
5. Fill a bowl with water & ice cubes and keep next to the stove.
6. Once water is boiling, place broccoli in the pot. Cook for about 2 minutes, then remove broccoli and place them in the ice water for about 30 seconds.
7. Place broccoli in boiling water again for 2 minutes, then remove from the pot, and shock in the ice water for another 30 seconds.
8. Place broccoli in an oven-proof dish, spread cheddar cheese on top, and insert into pre-heated oven. Bake until cheddar melts all over the broccoli.
9. Cook Beef Tapa in a pan until brown.
10. When the brown rice is cooked, serve with the beef tapa, broccoli & cheddar, and top off with crumbs of white carabao's cheese (kesong puti)
11. Garnish with pepper. Enjoooooooy!
OLD FASHION TAPA
Contact Brian - +63917 847 0714