First of all, I've been traveling (only in Manila for a day before I hop on a plane again!) so sorry if I did not exactly make and photograph my own cocktail this week. BUT, I would like to share my FAVORITE cocktail. I can drink this all day everyday, and I would except I would be judged as an alcoholic.
KIR is a French cocktail usually drunk as an aperitif before a meal, but heck, drink it before and after I say! I went to a wedding in France last year and I think I had 8 of these before dinner! It's super easy to make with just white wine (Chablis, Chardonnay, whatevs) and Creme de Cassis, or Blackcurrant Liquer. I would not have recommended this drink before because I don't think Cassis was available but I found this awesome little shop called VOM FASS in Shangri-la Mall's East Wing where it is available, along with a lot of other types of liquor, balsamic vinegars and oils that you can purchase by volume. Pretty cool stuff! Anyway, without further ado--
- 1/4 oz Creme de Cassis
- 1 1/2 oz Dry White wine
- Pour Creme de Cassis into a wine glass.
- Top off with white wine.
- Voila! Drink Up!
Variations of KIR
- Kir Royal- Substitute white wine with Champagne (for special oceasions)
- Cardinale- Substitute white wine with red wine
- Cidre Royal- Substitute white wine with Cider and add a touch of Calvados
- Kir Peche- Made with Peach liquer instead of blackcurrant