I am so often confronted with the word "thinspiration" these days, that I have to wonder, have we completely ruled out that big can also be beautiful? While I am a firm believer in staying fit, I don't associate being at the top of your game by the size of clothing you wear. I myself have yo-yo'd in terms of numbers I see on the scales, but I have always been active in one way or another. Even at my "curviest" - I always maintained a flat stomach. But I, just like everyone else, struggle with trying to find something flattering for my body, most especially at those times when I don't physically conform to everybody else's idea of "fit".
You don't have to hide behind a t-shirt on the beach, my beautiful girls, you do not have to absolutely rule out wearing a bikini and showing what you've got. These looks above are some of my favorite looks this season.
These are the questions you have to address when choosing the perfect suit.
- what is my biggest asset?
- what colors flatter my skin tone?
- which part of my body do I like to flaunt?
Follow up questions look like this:
- are my bits a pieces tucked in?
- does it hide the areas I am uncomfortable showing?
- do I get a wedgie while walking in it?
- will the first wave hitting me make the whole thing fall off me?
- can I sit down in it?
- does it make me feel like a million bucks?
Congratulations, you have chosen the perfect swimsuit!
So, if you have them curves, flaunt them! People like Kim Kardashian have to pay for theirs!
[ photo source: pinterest.com ]