Tuesday, July 22, 2014
THE SIX PAIRS OF SHOES EVERY WOMAN SHOULD OWN #LikeSo
They say you can never have too many pairs of shoes, and although I want to agree with that statement, I also know that most of us women don't have the space or the money to have all the shoes we want and more often than not, our wardrobes need to be edited down to 1/4 of what we actually want them to be. I firmly believe though, that if all essentials are present, then you are actually good to go. Here are SIX pairs of shoes you MUST have to put together all your outfits.
1. Ankle Boots- These shoes project a devil may care attitude and dress up jeans and shorts in an instant AND give street cred to a skirt or dress. A lower, stacked heel makes it great for traveling, and a higher, skinnier stiletto will give you an A+ in fashion circles.
2. Sneakers- Everyone should have at least one pair of comfy sneaks. Keep it classy and classic with a pair of basic white Chucks. These shoes go with almost anything, whether you are in a skirt, jeans, leather, fur, it doesn't matter! A pair of chucks will finish a look and make it seem like you are really just THAT cool- too cool to care!
3. Ballet Flats- Ballerinas will add a feminine touch to any outfit, plus they are ultra comfy and can double as walking shoes without having to compromise style. I love wearing ballet flats with skinny jeans that are cuffed at the bottom, as well as summer dresses and short shorts. It always brings out the "good girl" in me.
4. Pointy Black Pumps- If there is one pair of shoes you NEED in your closet, it's pointy black pumps. I call these my power shoes because I feel amazing, awesome and like I can do anything when I am wearing them. They look good with anything, and I mean anything! I wear them with my LBDs, my jeans, shorts, skirts, to formal events, to work, to the mall. They are so versatile and not to mention super stylish and gorge!
5. Ankle strap sandals- Can you say va-va-voom? If you want an ultra-femme fatale vibe, sport a pair of strappy sky high sandals. It never fails to make me feel like I'm supermodel height even if I'm actually only 5'4" These shoes give a little swish to your step and an extra boost of confidence, because don't we all need that once in awhile?
6. Flat Sandals- For days you want to lounge around and keep it casual without going so low as to having to wear flip flops out (Never do that please!) Great with maxi dresses, summer babydolls and denim shorts. I can't live without my strappy flat gladiators!