|Black Chambray Top by Oxygen, Photo by Dix|
It always seems as if girls have the best choices when it comes to clothes, mostly because we have the most choices, but in my opinion, what guys don't have in options, is made up for in awesomeness. I LOVE men's clothes, because when they are nice, they are SUPER nice, and I believe that any woman who can pull off menswear with ease and look super sexy in it holds the key to the universe. That said, not every woman can channel Annie Hall completely and look fabulous, but still want to wear that chambray shirt they love on their boyfriend, but will probably love more on themselves, or think that their man's jeans would look great with that silk backless tank top they just bought. The button down black chambray top I'm wearing above is from the Men's section of Oxygen, but I could not resist buying it!
A few things to remember if you are new to the girl's wearing boy's clothes game:
1. Don't go all out BOY. Remember that balance is key so dress that chambray shirt with a girly dress and heels, but reel it back to man-land with a cute unisex hat.
2. Make sure it still looks like it fits. Although the point is to go a little bit oversized, you still need to find clothes that fit you, albeit a size big. Most of the time, I can get away with a Men's XS or S, for clothes that fit easy and are super comfortable.
3. Wear heels. When sporting men's clothes, such as trousers or boyfriend jeans, make it super sexy with a pair of stilettos. It's all about contrasts.
4. Add cute boy inspired pieces such as suspenders to your wardrobe. They are a cute addition and great for subtle accessorizing.
5. Have fun with it! Ignore everything I said above if you want to and go all out incognito if that's what you feel like doing. I mean, it worked for TLC and Aaliyah in the 90's so why not?
What is YOUR boy-style? Post your #OOTD and tag us #fatkitchskinnykitch on instagram or twitter!