Last weekend was my brother's birthday, and since we're in Australia and the weather has been turning into real spring weather, we decided to have a BBQ! I made my signature steak and these honey-balsamic chipolatas. I usually use chorizo but since we had these in the fridge, I just went with it. It has a nice sweet and sour flavor, mixed with caramelized onion and garlic and great as a pass around food or pica pica during parties.
- Pork Chipolatas (sliced into thirds)
- 1 medium onion
- 3 cloves garlic, sliced thin
- 2 tbs. honey
- 2 tbs. balsamic vinegar
- 1/3 cup red wine
- Pepper, to taste
- Fry onions in a little bit of olive oil until soft and then add the chipolatas.
- When sausages are browned, add garlic and pepper. Fry until caramelized.
- Add honey, balsamic and wine and cook until sauce is reduced and sticky.
- Serve with toothpicks or with bread.
- Don't forget the wine!