When I want to make myself an all in one meal, I usually take quinoa and see what veggies I have in my fridge that need to be cooked and go with that. One of my favorite combinations is this one- Tri-colored quinoa with roasted squash, crispy bangus flakes, chopped tomatoes and feta cheese. I make a big batch and bring it as baon for a week, or bring it to potluck parties. Here's how:
1 cup dry quinoa, washed
2 tbs chopped onion
1 tbs chopped garlic
2 cups chicken stock
3 native tomatoes, chopped
1 cup roasted squash
3/4 cup bangus flakes (I used Century and cook it down until crispy)
100 grams crumbly feta cheese
juice of 1/2 lime
2 sprigs parsley, chopped
- Place quinoa in a pan and cook for a few minutes until dry (and slightly toasted)
- Pour in 2 cups of chicken stock plus pepper, to taste.
- Bring to the boil then lower to medium heat for 15 minutes or until all liquid is absorbed.
- Fluff the quinoa and set aside.
- In another pan, add quinoa, bangus flakes, roasted squash, tomatoes and mix well.
- Squeeze in juice of 1/2 lime and scatter crumbled feta and chopped parsley.
- Mix well and serve (Warm or room temperature are both fine )