I've been really trying to eat only healthy food lately but like any normal person, I have my carb cravings and days when all I want is to stuff myself with pasta. Low and behold, I passed by healthy options one day and found a healthier version of one of my comfort foods- fusilli made out of quinoa! Although it's not much lower in terms of calories, it definitely helps that it has more protein and less carbs than regular pasta or even rice. I decided to treat myself without over-indulging, but without feeling "bitin" either. A big plus is that it takes about 15 minutes to make from start to finish- great for a Manic Monday.
1 pack quinoa fusilli
1 jar Spanish Sardines
1 can smoked clams (optional)
1 tomato, chopped
4 cloves garlic, chopped
salt and pepper, to taste
olive oil (freehand pour, to taste
2 oz feta cheese, crumbled
few sprigs of parsley
- Bring water to the boil and cook pasta according to package instructions. Remember that quinoa pasta cooks faster than normal pasta.
- While this is cooking, sautee garlic and tomatoes in a bit of olive oil until softened.
- Add spanish sardines and clams (optional) and shred sardines into the mixture.
- Ass salt and pepper, to taste.
- Add drained pasta noodles to seafood mixture. Add more olive oil if needed.
- Add juice of lemon and sprinkle with crumbled feta and parsley.