There is nothing more comforting for me than roast chicken. There are so many ways you can marinate it and the smell the permeates my entire apartment whenever I make one makes my mouth water. This one is a super simple, no-brainer one that tastes super duper yummy and if there are only a couple of you at home, it will last you a few days.
This is actually Ananda's recipe- something she got from a kids cookbook that she wanted to try and has become a staple at home, with a few adjustments. So so good!
- 1 whole chicken
- 4 stalks tarragon, chopped
- 1/2 stick of butter, softened
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 6 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 2 TBs liquid seasoning
- 2 TBs Worcestershire Sauce
- Combine butter, tarragon, garlic, salt and pepper and set aside.
- Cut slits on key areas of your chicken- thigh-leg part, breast etc. and stuff the tarragon butter mixture.
- Use the remaining butter to rub directly on the skin and throw the rest into the cavity.
- Pour liquid seasoning and Worcestershire Sauce on chicken- add more if you think you will need it.
- Add half a head of garlic and any leftover tarragon to the cavity.
- Roast at 350 for 45 minutes covered, and 10 more minutes uncovered to brown the skin.
Easy Peasy! Your kids can even do this, like Ananda does! :)