I just came home from a trip, my daughter is not in town and I work way too much and never have time to do anything- including groceries! Thankfully, I had a few things in my fridge and pantry and was able to whip up a quick and easy- and quite tasty meal in less than 15 minutes! You can use any pasta for this but if you can find orzo (aka risoni) I think it works quite well.
250 grams orzo, cooked
3 cups broccoli, blanched and quartered
3 skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cubed
1 red onion, chopped
3 cloves garlic, chopped
3 sprigs tarragon, chopped
200 grams of speck, diced (you can replace with regular crunchy bacon or pancetta)
1.5 tbs yellow mustard
1.5 cups greek or natural yogurt
salt and pepper, to taste
60 grams grated grana padano or parmesan cheese
2 tbs butter
- Saute the onions, garlic and speck until fragrant and onions are translucent.
- Add chicken and cook until sealed.
- Add broccoli and mix.
- Add mustard and yogurt and coat evenly.
- Add orzo, combine and remove from heat
- While still hot, add butter and cheese and mix well.
- Sprinkle with tarragon and season as needed (go easy on the salt because it has cheese)