There are days I come home starving from ridiculous rush hour traffic and I realize that I had not prepared anything the day before or that morning. I finally learned to keep things like individually wrapped chicken breasts in my freezer for quick defrosting and cooking during starvation emergencies.
This recipe is super easy, tasty and healthy. It also does not take very long to make, which is perfect if you are super hungry. The garlic sauce is the perfect condiment for these wraps! Here's how-
4 oz boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into strips
1 tsp brown sugar
splash of balsamic vinegar
1 small red onion
salt and pepper, to taste
1/2 cup plain yogurt
juice of 1/4 lemon
1 clove garlic
2 small tortilla wraps
- Make the sauce first by combining the yogurt, garlic, lemon and some salt and pepper in a food processor. Adjust to your taste and set aside.
- Saute onion until it softens, add chicken and cook halfway.
- Add balsamic and sugar and cook down until reduced and a bit sticky. Remove from heat.
- Heat tortillas on a pan for a about 10 seconds to soften.
- Place lettuce and chicken on the tortillas and top with the garlic sauce.
- Roll into a wrap and enjoy!