One of my best friends has recently become my roommate, and I am so happy that she decided to get on the healthy wagon as I was trying to get back on it because to be completely honest, the last time I was super motivated to work out every single day was when I was trying to lose the 15 lbs I gained in the span of 3 years, from too many late night fast food runs, excessive drinking and just not working out at all. I got lazy and I had to pay for it.
Now, I am still considered skinny by many people, so the whole point for me is not to lose weight but to strengthen my body again, but of course, the whole " well, im not fat, I can afford to hit the snooze button instead of getting my ass out of bed to work out" mentality is hard to fight. So, having a work out partner is great, and here are a few reasons why:
1. You motivate each other. During workouts, Margaux and I are constantly whining about how much we're sweating and how tired we are, but seeing the other keep going gives you the inspiration to keep going til the end and not cheat!
2. You're embarrassed to be "that person" who says they don't wanna work out. You don't wanna let your buddy down so you do it even if you need to drag your feet. You always feel great after, I swear!
3. It's less expensive to get a trainer. Usually, personal trainers who do home service are ideal, because the ones at the gym charge gym rates plus gym fees monthly. If you ask them to come over, you can strike a better deal, especially if there are two of you working out together.
4. You have someone to share your fitness goals with- and who can actually see the difference with you!
5. You end up eating healthier ( most of the time) together after a work out. What a waste of calorie burning if you end up eating silog or sugary cereal after!
6. You push yourself more. Really. As much as I believe in going with your own strength and capacity, I also believe in progress and improvement, which happens when you push, and sometimes, when you see your work out partner doing better, going faster or with better form, you push yourself to do the same.
7. It's just more fun in general! Plus Margaux is better as making imovie videos HAHA!
|with our trainer, Glen. Let me know if you want his no!|