I looooove avocado. Growing up, I remember eating it mashed up with sugar and condensed milk. A lot of people outside Asia can't imagine eating avocado sweet, but it's THE BEST! Avocado smoothies, ice cream- gimme all of that!
I also like it with eggs and toast, by itself even, and of course, as guacamole.
Now, I don't like to judge, but why the hell do people buy guac when it's so easy and so much better to just make it yourself? Here's how:
3 ripe avocados
1 medium red onion, chopped finely
1 medium tomato, chopped finely
juice of one lime
1 clove garlic, minced
dash of salt and pepper
dash of cumin
handful of coriander, chopped
- Scoop out all the flesh from your avocado and squeeze juice of one half of your lime to stop it from turning brown.
- Mash your avocado gently if you want it chunky, and then incorporate all other ingredients except the coriander.
- Combine by hand for chunky guacamole, or pulse in a food processor for a creamy version.
- Add coriander last minute and combine.
- Serve with Lime flavored chips topped with melted cheese. (YUM)