Last March, my sister Ala got married in Sydney, and aside from being her Maid of DisHonor, I was also assigned to do her make up for the big day. I borrowed some products from the office and brought them with em to Sydney. I already knew what kind of look she would like and would suit her. First of all, I am on the side of "less is more," when it comes to foundation. Also, it's your wedding, you want to look like yourself, but enhanced.
Ala does not normally wear a lot of make up, so I wanted to keep it that way, but play up her eyes a little bit and have her wear a lip color that is still pretty natural, but with a bit more oomph than what she would usually use.
To get Ala's look I used:
Eve Pearl Flawless Face Palette in Medium
Temptu concealer wheel
Mac Studiofix Powder
Egyptian Queen Sheer Glo in Paradise
Urban Decay Naked 3 eye shadow palette
Urban Decay Naked Basics Palette
Eye of Horus Goddess Eye Pencil in Nubian Brown
Eye of Horus Goddess Mascara
Nars blush in Orgasm
Urban Decay All-Nighter Long-lasting Make Up setting spray
Ofra Liquid Lipstick in Laguna Beach
Nyx Lip Cream in Prague
Pixi Tinted Brilliance Balm in Natural Rose
1. Start with a clean face. After applying moisturizer, combine the two shades of cream foundation that come in the Eve Pearl Flawless Face Palette until you get your perfect match. Apply on eye lids, under eyes, on your nose, chin and wherever you have red patches or uneven skin color. Use Temptu Concealer wheel to hide blemishes.
2. Apply Egyptian Queen Sheer glo on the apples of your cheeks and blend upwards. Follow with the highlighter found in the Eve Pearl Palette. Using a large powder brush, dip into your pressed powder and apply on your face to set.
3. Using a blending brush, apply Nooner, from the Urban Decay Naked 3 palette on your eye creases. Follow this with Liar and Mugshot on the outer corners of your eye lids, until right down the middle. Using your blending brush, blend away until there are no distinct separations between the colors you used.
3. On the very outer corners, apply Darkheart, still from the Naked 3 Palette and blend some more. Take your Eye of Horus Eye Pencil in Nubian brown and first fill in the gaps between your lashes. You can then smudge this and get a great line on your upper lash line that will also make your lashes look thicker. If need, add a thin line on your upper lash line and smudge again.
4. Draw a line on your lower lash line, using the same eye pencil, but stop 1/4 of the way through and gently smudge. Top if with three coats of mascara. I don't believe in falsies for weddings, except if they are super natural. Otherwise, just load up on the mascara. Make sure it's waterproof.
5. Apply blush on the apples of your cheeks. Finish off with some pressed powder.
6. Fill in your eyebrows with a natural brown. I used Faint from the Urban Decay Naked Basics Palette.
7. Apply Ofra Laguna Beach Liquid Lipstick and add Nyx Lip Cream in Prague only to the middle of your bottom lip and gently rub your lips together to blend. Top off with Pixi Lip Balm in Natural Rose.
8. To make sure her make up would last the whole day, I used a mattifying setting spray from Urban Decay.
All Products except MAC and NARS are available at www.calyxta.com Follow @calyxtabeauty on instagram, FB and Twitter