First of all, for those asking before, no I did not invent this recipe. I saw online somewhere months ago and had been wanting to try it for ages. During a bout of PMS, I finally threw all logical, adult thinking out the window and bought a couple bags of Doritos ( Cool Ranch and Nacho Cheese) some chicken wings and ate some junk dressed as dinner. No regrets whatsoever, although I wish it wasn't so good that I want to eat it at least once a week.
This is my own take on the recipes I saw online- added more flavor by marinating the chicken overnight as well as seasoning the chips a little more. You lose a lot of the flavor when you fry it, and not seasoning it the first time I made this was the biggest mistake. Anyway, here you gooooo. Don't hate me if you gain a few pounds. It's worth it!
1 kilo chicken wings (separate the drumette and wing)
1.5 cups cour cream
Juice of 1 lemon
Liquid Seasoning, to taste
Pepper, to taste
1 tbs garlic powder
2 bags of Doritos, crushed
1 tbs onion powder
1 tbs garlic salt
1 tbs oregano
2 cups flour
2 eggs, beaten
- Marinate Chicken overnight in sour cream, liquid seasoning, garlic powder, lemon juice, pepper.
- When ready to cook, add garlic salt, onion powder, oregano to flour and mix in a bowl.
- Put Cool Ranch Doritos in one bowl and Nacho Cheese in another ( don't forget to crush them before hand!)
- Douse the chicken in the flour mixture, then dip in the beaten eggs, and lastly, cover with the Doritos crumbs.
- Fry at medium heat for about 10 minutes per batch. Don't overcrowd the pan and make sure the heat is not too high or you will probably have burn skin and raw meat. Ew.
Enjoy- but just once in awhile. Don't say I didn't warn you! :)